Mastermath: Set Theory
For all practical information, see the Mastermath website:
Old exams and sample questions
Note: the exams below cover the courses as taught in 2011, 2013,
2016 (spring), 2016 (Fall), and 2017.
The emphasis was on
- large cardinals (Mahlo, weakly compact), the Axiom of Choice (2011),
- cardinal arithmetic (2013)
- ultrafilters and the constructible universe (2016, spring)
- Stationary sets and infinitary combinatorics (2017)
- Descriptive Set Theory (2018)
- Permutation models and the consistency of the negation of forms
and consequences of the Axiom of Choice
We shall be using the following text:
Set Theory. The Third Millenium Edition.
We also recommend the following books
Course in Leiden
Here is a link to a course in Set Theory
It contains links to the original works of Cantor and others.
Last modified: Thursday 06-02-2020 at 13:07:03 (CET)